Image Map

Saturday 15 February 2014

Countdown to 30

So this time next week I’ll be hitting the big 3-0.  Weird.  I still feel (and act) 20.  Where has the last 10 years gone?!  And more frighteningly – will the next 10 go by just as fast?!

Anywho, I’m not too bothered about turning 30.  In fact, I’m embracing it!  My 20s were fun but there’s something strangely appealing about entering the next decade of your life.  It feels like quite an accomplishment (go me!).  I always thought I’d see my 20s as being a time of change and personal and emotional growth and anticipated my 30s to be more ‘stable’ and ‘grown up’, but actually I don’t think life is really that predictable and who wants to live a static and grown up life anyway??  I’m certainly still growing and constantly learning from my mistakes and achievements.   I laugh and cry, have breakthroughs and major blonde moments, state my opinions and humbly apologise for slip-ups.  Life is a constantly changing beast and all you can do is stick by your morals, go with the flow and get stuck in.

Time to reflect


So what have I been up to in the last 10 years?  Looking back I bet you’ll realise you’ve done a lot more than you think!  Here are 10 of my favourite experiences of my 20s.

1. Graduated with a BSc (Hons) in Animal Science at the University of Wales Aberystwyth

Graduation 2006
2. Started my career in pharmaceuticals then ditched it for administration and finally finance!

The office 'A Team'
3. Moved into my first flat and discovered the joys of paying your own bills

4. Discovered that I surprisingly enjoyed running

Trailblazer 10k 2012
5. Been a part of engagements and weddings

Jane's wedding 2013
Rose's wedding 2012
6. Made and continued friendships with the best friends a girl could have and enjoyed many a day of silliness!

My hen do 2013
Badminton Horse Trials 2013
Carnival fun 2013
Birmingham German Christmas Market 2013
McFly 2013
Catch up with Jen and Ruthy 2009

7. Moved back to my home town and grew closer to my family

8. Had lovely holidays and mini-adventures

Mallorca 2011
London 2010
London Santa Run 2009
9. Re-discovered my love of netball – joined Upton Netball squad

Upton Grads Summer League Winners 2013
Bournemouth 7s Netball Tour 2013
10. Met my future husband and got married :)

Walk with Mr H 2007
Our wedding day 2013

Looking forward 


So what do I hope my 30s will bring?  I suppose I really hope that they’ll bring more of the good times and lessons that I’ve experienced so far.  I’m definitely different in a lot of ways to the 20 year old Ellie but my principles, loves and hopes are the same.  The main thing I’d like to work on now is to look after myself better – both physically and emotionally.  My 30s have the prospect of being a very exciting decade and I’m going to enjoy every minute of them :)

 photo elliesig_zps47aabffe.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures! Happy birthday! Wish I had been there :)
    I also think you should add 'a trip to NZ to see Anjali' to your things to do in the next decade. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete